Everyone knows that prevention and early detection are important parts of healthcare in Frisco, TX. Many major health issues can either be avoided or mitigated by getting regular screenings and checkups from your healthcare provider. That doesn’t mean, however, that your once-a-year checkups are going to catch every health problem that may be brewing in your body. Here are some early warning signs of major health problems that you may miss:
Signs Of Intestinal Problems
▪ Tooth Damage. If your dentist tells you that the enamel on your back teeth is disappearing, pay attention. Worn-down enamel on front teeth is likely from food and drinks you ingest; but worn-down enamel on molars can signal acid reflux disease. Acid reflux disease not only wears down tooth enamel, but it can also lead to esophageal cancer.
▪ Itchy Skin Rash. A rash that breaks out on your scalp, knees, back, elbows and backside could be eczema, but it could also be an allergic rash associated with celiac disease, an autoimmune disorder in which even the tiniest amount of ingested gluten can cause your body to attack your own intestines. Untreated celiac disease can lead to osteoporosis and cancer of the small intestine.
Signs Of Heart Problems
▪ Inflamed Gums. Inflamed gums are caused by the same bacteria that promote heart disease. Regular cleaning by a dental hygienist and good home oral care can reduce the amount of harmful bacteria that cause gum disease and that can lead to a heart attack. Always be sure to make dental care part of your healthcare in Frisco, TX.
▪ Impotence. Arteries that carry blood to the penis are narrower than other arteries in the body and are more likely to be the first to be blocked by plaque. If you suffer from erectile dysfunction (ED), don’t hesitate to tell your doctor so that he can diagnose and treat the underlying cause of your ED.
▪ Snoring. Snoring or sleep apnea is associated with an increased risk of heart disease, and it may be both a sign of and the cause of thickening of the carotid arteries in the neck. It’s thought that the vibration of snoring damages the vessels in the neck and can lead to a stroke or a heart attack.
Signs Of Hormonal Problems
▪ Frequent Urination. Frequent bathroom trips, especially at night, can be a sign of Type 2 diabetes. Going to the bathroom a lot is a result of your body trying to flush out the glucose building up inside it. Ask your doctor to do blood work that will test for diabetes, because the sooner you’re diagnosed, the sooner you can control or even reverse it.
▪ Forgetfulness. If your brain often feels “fuzzy,” and you have problems remembering things, it could be a sign of hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is a disorder in which the thyroid emits less hormone than it should and the result is difficulty remembering and concentrating, lowered libido and appetite loss.
Get the Best Healthcare in Frisco, TX at 7 Health
To find out if any symptoms you may be experiencing are part of a larger health issue, make an appointment with one of our doctors at 7 Health. At 7 Health, we deliver healthcare in Frisco, TX that is affordable and accessible and that allows you to see the same doctor every time you visit. Call us at 7 Health at (214) 501-5818 or visit us online at www.7health.net to learn more.
Healthcare Frisco TX
9191 Kyser Way, Suite 602
Frisco, Texas 75033